RPK: It was Najib who ordered my detention, I was also offered money to shut up~malaysiakini

Raja Petra Kamarudin said it was Deputy Premier Najib Abdul Razak who ordered his detention under ISA last year and that he was also offered money to shut up but he refused.

“Chances are, I have but 24 hours left as a free man and, if I do not write this article today, I never will,” Raja Petra or RPK wrote in his latest blog posting.

“I know for a fact that it was not Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi who ordered my detention. He was not even aware I had been detained. The order came from Deputy Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and since I am bent on making sure he never becomes Prime Minister on 1 April 2009, I really do not blame him for wanting to get me out of the way.”

The federal court is due to announce its decision today on whether RPK should be detained under ISA, after the government appealed against last year’s High Court decision to free him.

Malaysia’s Umno-Barisan Nasional-led federal government wields enormous influence over the judiciary and former premier Mahathir Mohamad has been publicly accused of judge-rigging.

The rot in the country’s judiciary system was among the chief factors that led to voters denying the Umno-BN its long-held two-thirds majority in Parliament during the watershed March 2008 general election.

Said RPK: “I was given an option. Take the money and become rich or go to jail. I refused the money and instead chose jail. This is my choice and no one can convince me to do otherwise.”

Punished for linking Najib and his wife with Altantuya

The controversial blogger and editor of the Malaysia Today news portal is also facing criminal defamation charges for linking Najib and his wife Rosmah Mansor to the murder of Mongolian model Altantuya Shaariibuu, who allegedly was Najib’s mistress.

RPK said he was prepared to go to the Kamunting Detention Centre but vowed not to cooperate with authorities. He also said he would refuse medical treatment, visits, food and water in the detention centre.

“This action will mean I shall survive at the most seven to eight days. By the end of that period I shall be dead. I am prepared for that. They plan to imprison my body for the rest of my life.

“But I shall release my spirit from my body and will again be free. They can keep my body and they can do whatever they want with it. But they will never be able to keep my spirit. I shall separate my spirit from my body and deny them the pleasure of incarcerating me.”

No comments: