RPK: UMNO plan to imprison my body for the rest of my life~malaysiakini

PUTRAJAYA: The Federal Court will deliver its verdict today on whether Malaysia’s most well-known and controversial blogger Raja Petra Kamaruddin should be detained under the Internal Security Act (ISA).

The court is to decide on a government appeal against the Shah Alam High Court decision last Nov 7 to free the Malaysia Today news portal editor from detention without trial.

“Chances are, I have but 24 hours left as a free man and, if I do not write this article today, I never will,” Raja Petra wrote in his news portal while speculating on the court’s decision.

The blogger popularly known as RPK said he felt his chances were sealed due to a small quorum of three judges and the government’s determination to lock him away.

“Anyway, I know for a fact that it was not Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi who ordered my detention. He was not even aware I had been detained. The order came from Deputy Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak and since I am bent on making sure he never becomes Prime Minister on 1 April 2009, I really do not blame him for wanting to get me out of the way,” he wrote defiantly.

He also disclosed that he had been offered money to shut up but had refused.

“I was given an option. Take the money and become rich or go to jail. I refused the money and instead chose jail. This is my choice and no one can convince me to do otherwise.”

RPK, who also faces criminal defamation charges for linking Najib and his wife Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor to the murder of Mongolian model Altantuya Shaariibuu, said he was prepared to go to the Kamunting Detention Centre but vowed not to cooperate with authorities.

“I shall no longer open my mouth or utter one word during my detention. I shall maintain the silence of a mute person. I shall not sign any documents of the so many documents that they make you sign when under detention. My signature is not going to be placed on a single shred of paper,” he declared.

The member of Selangor royalty also vowed to refuse medical treatment, visits, food and water in the detention centre.

“This action will mean I shall survive at the most seven to eight days. By the end of that period I shall be dead. I am prepared for that. They plan to imprison my body for the rest of my life.

“But I shall release my spirit from my body and will again be free. They can keep my body and they can do whatever they want with it. But they will never be able to keep my spirit. I shall separate my spirit from my body and deny them the pleasure of incarcerating me,” Raja Petra wrote.

But, although he was prepared for the worst, he also held out hope that the Federal Court would uphold the decision to free him from ISA.

No comments: