Yes, Najib to blame but why didn't Church organizers object?

Written by Jackson Ng

Before I start whacking the organisers of the Christmas Eve gathering at the St John’s Cathedral, let me state clearly that I am not a Christian.

I am a free thinker but I believe in the existence God and I am God-fearing.

I have decided to pen my thoughts because I see this as an issue about God-fearing principles. It is not just a Christian issue.

Then, you may say that I have no right to talk about Christians but I have every right to talk about universal acceptance of basic principles and the rights of mankind.

The removal of crucifixes and banning of singing hymns at

St John’'s Cathedral constitute a violation of religious freedom guaranteed under Article 3(1) of the Federal Constitution.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak’s aides ordered the removal, claiming the crucifixes would be offensive to the prime minister.

That is too ridiculous for me to fathom out.

Of course, the issue has naturally become political but my concern is not with the PM or his pea-brain aides who are, in my view, beyond redemption.

But I do take offence and take to task the event organisers.

Are they not God-fearing Christians, just like Muslims are also God-fearing?

Why then did the organisers remove the sacred crucifixes? Isn’t it logical to deduce that they are not God-fearing beings but Satan-fearing arse-licking politicians who claim to be Christians?

God-fearing Christians would have defended the crucifixes, Jesus Christ and God.

Do they value the presence of the PM more than God?

I say the organisers could have just politely told the PM’s pea-brain aides that the crucifixes cannot be removed and neither could hymn-singing be stopped on the eve of Christmas.

Then leave it to the PM and the pea-brain aides to decide whether they want to attend the function or not.

As it was, the organisers, for reasons best known to them, felt the presence of the PM was more important than their Jesus Christ and God.

To them, it was more important for the PM to grace the function and, therefore, abandon Jesus Christ and their God.

Disgraceful and shameful are two words best to describe the organisers.

God-fearing Christians must therefore start defending Jesus Christ and their God by throwing out the organisers from their holy house of worship. If not, they too are condoning what they did.

The Prime Minister is most welcome to visit any place of worship but conditions should not be imposed, as freedom to practice religion is guaranteed under the Constitution.

If he had felt offended by the place of worship, there is then no necessity for him to visit, is there?

No comments: