Death threats against Anwar's and his family. One man fighting for Malaysians against greedy UMNO.

Written by Malaysia Chronicle

Several days after Anwar Ibrahim’s driver lodged a police report on suspicion of an assassination attempt on the Opposition Leader, Anwar's eldest daughter said she received a death threat in the form of an anonymous sms, including a threat to kidnap her daughter.

Lodging a police report on the matter today, Nurul Izzah Anwar said among others, she was asked to stop supporting her father.

“It said my child will suffer the fate of Sharlinie if I continue to support my father, Anwar Ibrahim. And I will not be able to save my child.

"The sender also threatened that if I don’t push towards my father retirement from politics, something bad will happen to my child,” she wrote in the police report lodged at Dang Wangi police station accompanied by her mother Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, the PKR president.

The fate of five-year old Sharlinie Mohd. Nashar, missing since January 9, 2008 near her home in Kampung Medan, Petaling Jaya, has remained unknown.

Earlier this week, Anwar’s driver Abdullah Sani said there had been an attempt to sabotage the braking system of the car used by Anwar.

“I was also told by the mechanic it was impossible for the bolt to be dislodged without first being opened.

“The car is in good condition and since it is impossible for the bolt to come loose on its own, I believe this was done by certain parties to hurt or kill Anwar,” he said, recalling a near accident last month along the North-South highway.

No comments: