NFC says no to memo on credit card expenses



An attempt to hand over a memo demanding the National Feedlot Corporation (NFC) to account for its credit card expenses of RM600,000 was refused at the door today at its office in Kuala Lumpur.

NONEA delegation of about 10 members of the PKR-linked NGO Jingga 13 were met by the NFC's corporate communications manager Khaidir Jamal outside its office, but he refused to accept the memorandum.

He said the company's executive chairperson Mohamad Salleh Ismail (left) had given instructions not to accept the memo as he did not want to affect the ongoing police investigations.
Khaidir asked the group to voice their concerns to the police instead.

Speaking to reporters later, Jingga 13 coordinator Fariz Musa, who led the delegation, expressed disappointment over the refusal.

"We want transparency because it involves public funds. Therefore we are disappointed that we couldn't hand over the memo," he said.
Fariz was also baffled by Khaidir’s excuse because the NFC’s bosses had previously made press statements denying allegations against their company.

“We understand and we have already informed the police, but at the same time NFC’s management had responded through the media and through a briefing organised by NGOs to explain that the money was not misused.

“Yes, he can deny, but we want proof... to account for every sen that you used with the credit card,” he said.

The issue emerged on Jan 16, when PKR strategy director Rafizi Ramli alleged that four family members of Women, Family, and Community Development Minister Shahrizat Abdul Jalil had swiped RM593,500 in credit card expenses, paid for by NFC.

The four are Shahrizat’s husband Mohamad Salleh, son Wan Shahrinur Izmir (chief executive officer), another son Wan Shahinur Izran (executive director), and daughter Wan Izzana Fatimah.

Wan Shahrinur Izmir had denied the allegations, saying that those were for business expenses.

His corporation was previously given a RM250 million soft loan by the government for a project to develop the cattle industry.

Last week, Malay pressure group Perkasa had challenged Wan Shahrinur Izmir to lodge a police report against Rafizi for making false allegations if he was innocent.
MCA challenged to raise issue in cabinet

Meanwhile, in a statement today, DAP parliamentary leader Lim Kit Siang challenged the four MCA cabinet ministers to raise the matter, which MCA president Dr Chua Soi Lek said has been “poorly handled (by Shahrizat)”, in the next cabinet meeting.

Taking issue with the Chinese-based party, Lim said that if MCA is laying the blame on Shahrizat, then their cabinet representatives should not have kept quiet in the many months since the scandal broke.

“Are the four MCA ministers brave enough to raise in the cabinet the fact that Malaysians have no faith in either the police or the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to get to the bottom of the RM330 million ‘cattle condo’ and that the only credible and acceptable solution is the formation of a Royal Commission of Inquiry to conduct a full-fledged inquiry?’ he asked.

The four ministers are Health Minister Dr Liow Tiong Lai, Transport Minister Kong Cho Ha, Housing and Local Government Minister Chor Chee Heung and Tourism Minister Dr Ng Yen Yen.

Chua had in an interview with the Malaysian Insider said Shahrizat is not a junior member of cabinet and should have dealt with the issue better, while Premier Najib Abdul Razak’s silence makes it appear like he is protecting the women, family and community development minister.
Anda mungkin juga meminati:

No comments:

Do feel free to provide suggestions, ideas, comments, complaints or articles. Thank you

EMAIL:
malaysianindian1@gmail.com

To post comments, you need not log in to the Google account, just click Anonymous.


Malaysian Indian Ethnic Cleansing by UMNO led government

Google