A letter to Nurul Izzah, my Lembah Pantai MP

February 20, 2012

From Anas Zubedy, via e-mail

Salam Nurul Izzah, How are you? I’m writing to you as you are my current MP in Lembah Pantai. I would be very thankful if you could spare some time for a meet to discuss a few things.

I’m assuming you will be contesting in the same seat in the next elections. I have initiated a plan to ensure that only the best candidate will represent the rakyat. I’m not partisan, and as such I’m willing to vote the best candidate, be they from Pakatan Rakyat, Barisan Nasional or Independents

I would like to have a contract, albeit a halal one, with the potential candidates. I have a wish list that I would like you and your opponent to look into before I make my decision on who to vote. I do not expect you to agree to every item, but the candidate who agrees and promises to do more will get my vote.

Here is my list for discussion, that you:

i. Propose the enactment of non-party hopping laws within six months and continue to push it forward until the law is in place. You personally will not party hop and will openly and explicitly go against the acceptance of any party-hoppers into your team.

ii. Speak on behalf of all Malaysians regardless of race or religion at all times and never fight only for one community

iii. Promote economic policies that provide support to all Malaysians in the bottom 40% strata of society, regardless of race.

iv. Publicly declare your assets with a third party register with a legally binding statutory declaration.

v. Propose to make the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) report directly to Parliament, within six months of the GE and continue to fight for it until the law is in place

vi. Call for a press conference within a month after the elections and show clear knowledge, appreciation and support that the Malay and indigenous customs form our core culture, while the Chinese, Indian and other cultures play strong supporting roles as part and parcel to form the unique Malaysia brand

vii. Practice empathy; e.g. – refuse to allow beef or pork to be served or sold in all government-related premises, projects and all party activities.

viii. Initiate a process to work towards one-stream schools which also adequately provides for all who want to learn their vernacular languages, to be established within the next fifteen years. Propose a constitutional change to make this happen within six months after elections

ix. Ensure that at least 50% of your work schedule is allocated for working directly for the people in your constituency, you will clock in the hours and keep a monthly report of these efforts

x. Rise above party politics, and keep the above nine conditions even if it goes against your party.

Please note that I will be recording a video of your pledge and I will be uploading it onto my Facebook and other social media avenues.
I will be most happy to meet you in the first two weeks of March. I can be contacted at anas@zubedy.com, www.twitter.com/anaszubedy or 03-77270758.

Note: I have also written to Raja Nong Chik for a similar meeting whom I think is the BN calon for Lembah Pantai as I have been receiving smses from him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Rulers in Malaysia have no elected mandate from the people. The Rulers must voluntarily reduce themselves to a nobody; and the citizens should just ignore the statements from Rulers. People Power must manifest itself. It is People Power that gave India independence from British rule. It is People Power that defeated the Polish communist dictatorship in Poland. It is People Power that ousted former President Marcos from power in Philippines. When the constitution, judicial system, political system, military, police, and bureaucracy are all biased, then people power becomes justifiable. This is the age of people power in Malaysia; and ideally, Malaysia should be decomposed into different interest groups; and each interest group should have a people power of its own to work in its own self-interest. That is, self -interested group with people power. All these self-interest people power groups may end up being kingmakers.


No person in his right mind can take Prophet Mohamed as a role model because Prophet Mohamed is an epileptic pedophile. It is time for Muslims to go into introspection. It is time for Muslims to detach from Prophet Mohamed. Righteous Muslims must have the moral courage to condemn Prophet Mohamed and distance themselves from the Koran; and I think the world has the right to expect such a step from righteous Muslims. The Muslims have remained silent for too long about certain negative things about Islamic history. Some Muslims must be bold enough to condemn Prophet Mohamed. Changing faith is an inviolable human right. I can tell you that if Muslims want to solve the problem, then they should have an independent mind, not just toe the line of the Koran. If Muslims want to solve the problem, then Muslims must detach from the Koran. Muslims must go beyond the Koran. If Prophet Mohamed is an epileptic pedophile, then the next step for Muslims with moral courage is to distance themselves from Prophet Mohamed. I will not blame today's Muslims for what Prophet Mohamed did. But not condemning the Prophet Mohamed is to remain silent. Remaining silent is wrong. May the truth prevail. The behavior of Prophet Mohamed epitomizes a " do as I say and not as I do" culture; and this "do as I say and not as I do" culture is nothing to be proud of. Good Muslims who condemn Prophet Mohamed will earn respect from non-Muslims. It is time for Muslims to stop living on half-truth. It is time for Muslims to grow up and face the truth. I challenge my beloved Muslim brothers and sisters to be supportive of righteousness and break the silence. Please break the silence and condemn Prophet Mohamed. They say that there is no creation without destruction. It is time to destroy Prophet Mohamed so that we can have a new beginning. The world deserves a new beginning.


We need groups that can claim to be kingmakers. We need cooperation among kingmakers. We need a conspiracy among kingmakers. We need unity among kingmakers. We need kingmakers who favor a Malaysia which is well integrated into world trade.



Please pass the word around to all Hindu Malaysians to keep an eye on Dr.Jeffry Kitingan at the political level. Dr.Jeffry Kitingan is a Christian and therefore all Christian Malaysians should be supportive of him. Either the Federal government put Malaysia first or they allow Sabah to secede. That's it. Please feel free to copy and re-mail this composition to anybody. Those who receive this composition should re-mail it to others. Simply reading my posting and ignoring it will not help. Please read my posting and re-mail it to whoever it may concern.