Yes, Rosmah, Malaysians are indeed jealous of you

'I am jealous of your achievements in buying nice clothes, jewelleries, handbags and even a grand congratulatory advertisement in the US.'

Rosmah: Critics might be frustrated and jealous

your sayBender: Jealous of you, Rosmah Mansor? Of course, I'm jealous. Who wouldn't be? You get to get an honorary doctorate for your Permata programme.

Well, if I get to have a couple of million ringgit sweat free from my husband to create such a programme, I would have gotten the doctorate also, wouldn't I?

The fact is I did not have a husband such as yours (PM Najib Razak) and I don't get to have a couple of million ringgit to spend on my own version of Permata. So because of that, I don't get to have that doctorate. I'd be crazy not to feel jealous.

But I don't worry too much about it, because if I were in your shoes, Rosmah, that doctorate is not worth it - it's all just a lie and the whole country knows it. I would have to wear an elephant skin on my face if I were you right now.

In fact, I'm glad I'm not you. I may be poor and without such honorary title but I'm not you, and for that I thank God.

Gordon Gecko: My dear Rosmah, yes, I'm green with envy because I can't afford to buy the Birkin handbag for my wife's birthday.

I have to slog and save just to buy AirAsia X tickets to Sydney. Every weekend, I throng the warehouse sales just to look for cheap outdated branded goods. My parents had to sponsor my tertiary education in Australia (thank god, it wasn't Curtin University).

And lastly, I'm frustrated because as a taxpayer, you are spending my hard-earned money like there is no tomorrow.

HYL: Rosmah, I am jealous and frustrated of your many ‘achievements'.

I am jealous of your achievements in buying nice clothes, jewelleries, handbags and even a grand congratulatory advertisement in the United States.

I am frustrated because these achievements are at the expense of us hard-working and honest Malaysians.

Geronimo: Rosmah, I feel sorry for this esteem institution where they have to associate with someone like you.

If indeed they were looking for a woman of substance, Bersih coordinator S Ambiga would have outshone you anytime, anywhere. And if indeed you want a doctorate so badly, work for it, woman.

Restless_Native: Funny how our so-called ministers, leaders and such-like love to use the "they are jealous" excuse.

I recall Dr Mahathir Mohamad used to use that line often in his response to Western criticisms of his policies.

These are expressions that we used to trade when we were in high school and did not know better. When you grow up, you get more self-critical, there is much more introspection and deliberation, especially when you are in leadership position.

You develop and promote your subordinates so that they can enrich themselves (not financially), serve and lead better.

The leader himself or herself will take a back seat and let the subordinates (that have been nurtured) take much of the glory. They will speak positively of you and revere you.

This, then, is the mark of a real leader. All we have here is yet another BN clown who blows her own trumpet and cannot see her faults. This reminds me of Imelda Marcos, and we all know how her story went.

Changeagent: Rosmah said that a head of department of Curtin University is keen to come to Malaysia to understand the Permata programme better, particularly in the early childhood education among the rural and urban poor.

That's really ridiculous to say the least. Shouldn't the university first fully understand what the programme is about before dishing out the honorary doctorate award?

Or is it just as perfunctory and superficial as how she puts it, that the award was only based on some biased articles they had read from the Malaysian government-owned media, and the speeches she had made in who-knows which other countries?

Traj: Rosmah, it's real strange that you think we are jealous of you or your achievements. We think highly of you, especially after you suggested that countries should take better care of their environment to prevent an recurrence of the tsunami in Japan.

We are actually ashamed of Curtin University for not recognising your superior intelligence earlier. It is not your fault that you are gifted with so much savings to buy expensive shoes, silk and diamonds.

It's is also not your fault that the PM is your husband and have so much disposal income. I mean, what is a woman of great intelligence supposed to do in the face of so many opportunities.

Freemsia: "She (Rosmah) urged her critics to behave more constructively for the betterment of the country and to help the less fortunate."

Well, she could start by selling all that expensive designer handbags, jewelleries and dresses to help the poor people instead of parading them around wherever she goes.

Onyourtoes: Assuming what you said is true, you still have to ask yourself why so many Malaysians are frustrated and jealous of you? Do you think we are so vindictive and have nothing else to do?

You said we should ask Curtin University why they have awarded you the honorary degree. Well, we did, if you read through all the comments posted in this Malaysiakini forum.

But one thing I must caution you: when someone awards you something, you must know from your heart whether you deserve it or not, and you must know whether the award was intended to gain favour from you.

You should have rejected the award, knowing that all you have done was using government funding and government staff for the Permata project.

What personal sacrifice have you given to the programmes for which the award was based on? Perhaps we will respect you a little bit more had you rejected the award.

2cts worth: Rosmah, you have stirred up the hornets nest claiming jealousy as the reason for your critics to crucify you. Though I am appalled at their comments, I believe it is not jealousy that drives them to these furious attacks.

I also believe you know you have brought this upon yourself. Listen - you say it best when you say nothing at all.

AnonymousA: Rosmah (Dr) and Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail. The former, people scorn. There is no need to ask the new doctor herself. The latter, there are praises all for her. Because everyone loves her.

True devotee: A PhD is earned through a thorough research done by an individual. An honorary doctorate is awarded to anyone (usually those who are rich and famous) who have made significant contributions to the society.

Some deserve it, some don't.

No comments: