The Star manipulated contents of Hindraf Press Conference on PM Najib.

hwf1.jpgMedia statement by Hindraf Chairman on news report by “The Star”

RE:  The Star manipulated contents of Hindraf Press Conference on PM Najib.

I refer to the news report in the Star today at page 12 which quotes as follows;

“He (waytha Moorthy) said Prime Minister Dato Seri Najib Tun Razak had shown sincerity in his initiatives to help the Indian community.

“ We are happy with this  matter but would like the Prime Minister to make good on his promises” he said adding that ……

I wish to state the following which would affirm what I had said in my press conference;
  1. My press conference was video recorded by Hindraf media TV and we would be making this copy available unedited online soon;
  2. I categorically deny having ever said the above passages.
  3. The Star should apologize for deliberately misquoting me and make a correction accordingly with immediate effect.
  4. I have said that the fact that PM Najib has been going around dishing out hand outs to the Indian community is a clear evidence that the BN Government acknowledges they have wronged and marginalised  the community and that it was time to solve the problem of the indian community in a comprehensive manner.
  5. Hindraf reiterates that this government should address the gros violations of Human rights affecting the poor and underclass community.
I hope this would clarify the deliberate and malicious publication of The Star

P.Waytha Moorthy
Chairman
Hindraf

No comments: