Hisham: No attack on Anwar in my constituency



Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein today continued to deny that any attack on PKR members took place in his constituency.

"Firstly, Batu Empat is not inside the constituency," he told a press conference in Putrajaya.

NONE"I don't know why they continue to mention Sembrong. The ceramah was not held there," Hishamuddin said.

Responding to a question on the matter,he promised that police would take appropriate action against wrongdoers.

"I understand a police report has been lodged, and for me, whoever is guilty is still guilty.

"Those who are guilty will face legal action in the courts," the MP for Sembrong added.

"The matter is as simple as that and should not have been politicised just because it happened near my constituency.

"Why it is focussed on Sembrong? Ask yourself, why there?" Hishammuddin said.
'I don't entertain political discussions on Twitter'
He also defended himself for not replying to queries on the alleged attack on his Twitter account.

"I see it as social media. I don't want to entertain political discussions because sometimes they use it for something else.

"Most Twitter users want to know what I have for breakfast and what I do. But when used on things that are not true or do not exist, I will not entertain because it's polemic," argued Hishammuddin.

anwar car damaged by stone throwing umno supporters in sembrong 4The issue came to the fore after Umno supporters allegedlythrew stones at PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim during his ceramah in Sembrong last Sunday.

Several PKR supporters were also reported to have been injured after being attacked by youths using slingshots.

Police have said they are investigating the matter.

Meanwhile, Hishammuddin also announced that the Thai authorities have formally requested the extradition of an Iranian terror suspect being held in Malaysia in connection with the deadly Bangkok bombings.

Wisma Putra has forwarded the request to the Attorney-General's Chambers for action.

No comments: