Waytha files report over travel ban

G Vinod | September 19, 2012
Hindraf chairman P Waythamoorthy named the home minister, IGP and immigration director-general in his report.
PETALING JAYA: True to his word, Hindraf Makkal Sakthi chairman P Waythamoorthy lodged a police report on a travel ban imposed against him by the Home Ministry.
The Hindraf supremo named Home Minister Hishammuddin Hussein, Inspector-General of Police Ismail Omar and Immigration director-general Alias Ahmad in the report filed at the Travers police station.
“I have been denied my right to travel out of the country by the trio. I urge the police to investigate this serious allegation by them that I’m a national security threat,” he said.
Yesterday, the lawyer-activist was prohibited from travelling out of the country at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) in Sepang on grounds of “national security”.
He was due to fly to Manila for a two-day business trip at 6.30pm yesterday.
Alias, when contacted, said that the travel ban was imposed due to a directive given by the police back in November 2007.
Waythamoorthy challenged the police to arrest and charge him in court if the authorities had evidence to prove that he was a security threat to the country.
“This is a serious infringement of my liberty to travel and worse, I am deemed a national security threat. I have been made a prisoner within my own country,” he said.

1 comment:

Martha Johnson said...

Interesting blog post...
Book online bus ticket from Redbus