Give Perak PAKATAN RAKYAT govt time

WHY all the fuss about the Pakatan Rakyat government in Perak, "Wake-up call for Perak govt" (Dec 17)? They have four years and let them do things their way and let us analyse their performance at the next election.

As for the developments in Ipoh and Perak as a state, I would say the real development in Perak stopped many years ago during Tan Sri Ramli Ngah’s time. No one complained then, no one made a fuss then, no one voiced their dissatisfaction then and no one wrote letters to papers then. Why now? Lets give them time and I’m sure they will fare better than the previous state government.

I’m from Ipoh but work in Kuala Lumpur. I long for the day when I can get a decent job in Ipoh and move there permanently. Most people from Ipoh who are working elsewhere have the same longing. This will only change with a more prudent and intelligent state government. The previous state government proved its intelligence when it moved the Medan Kidd bus terminal to Medan Gopeng.

During the last election, most Perakians wanted change and we did it. I rushed back to Ipoh after work to put in my vote for the change. Many did the same. Many rushed back from North and South to Perak. The highway was jammed with cars on the eve of election. All our hardship paid off when PR won.

It’s not even a year since the PR came to power, so be patient. We kept quiet for umpteen years during the previous state government seeing things turning from bad to worse.

Lastly, so what if the state executive councillors want to drive a Camry? They deserve it. I for one would love to see my choice of councillors come and go in style.

Jason
23/12/08

No comments: