Is PERKASA formed by UMNO to create chaos among Malaysians

I am not here as Perkasa president, says Ibrahim Ali

KUALA KUBU BARU: Ibrahim Ali is not himself if he does not create controversy or headlines. This time, he is seen in Hulu Selangor, giving ceramahs against PKR.

He has rented a house in Bukit Jelutong, away from the hussle and bustle of the main election operation centres of the rival parties. Encamped here, Ibrahim made no secret of his intention.

“I am here not for BN or PKR. I am here for unity and development. I am concerned with promoting the welfare of the people. I am here to send a message: let the ruling government continue with its work.

“Do not create disturbances or throw up obstacles to plans the ruling government has charted for development,” he said, short of saying he is campaigning for BN.

Ibrahim said Perkasa, the Malay-based non-governmental organisation, is not involved in the campaign at all.

“I categorically state that I am on my own… not as Perkasa president... I am here as an Independent MP.

“I am here to promote security and economic development. In short, I am here to tell the voters of Hulu Selangor that it is time to give the present government a chance to rule peacefully.

“Let's stop all the debate on who is good or bad or whose policies are good or bad. I want to tell the electorate that Malaysia has no time for political debates or polemics.

“It is time to move forward and develop the country so that we can be on par with the rest of the developed nations.”

“I call on the people to let the BN run the country without disturbances. In this by-election, whoever wins will not change anything.

“If BN wins, it gets an extra seat in Parliament and if PKR wins, it also gets an extra seat. So tell me, what can either party do?

“Moreover, the next general election is only two years away, so why not just give the seat to BN and let it develop the country,” he said.

Ibrahim said he has lots of things to say about PKR candidate Zaid Ibrahim as the latter was his close friend in college.

He added that he would reveal many things about Zaid in his ceramah to “allow the people to judge by themselves who Zaid is”.

“This does not mean I am campaigning for BN but I am telling the voters what kind of person Zaid is,” he said.

And, of course, Ibrahim will again create controversy when he takes to the stage on Thursday to nail Zaid.

FMT
20/04/10

No comments: