I would like to see the government suffer a right and proper trouncing. like Libya

As has been the case for decades now, there is no protection against the trampling of the fundamental rights of minorities in this country.

I was born in this country. I am Malaysian but all of us ethnic Indians feel like second class citizens because of the dominant Malays.

I would compare the Indians here to dogs at the receiving end of scraps at a table full of Chinese big businessmen and Malays. When we ask for a bigger slice of the economic pie, we are told to appreciate the fact that we are even here at all.

As an Indian, I would even find it difficult to secure a personal loan. It is much more difficult for ethnic Indians to get help unless they are well connected.

So I support the Hindraf [the Hindu activist group] cause.

The present political atmosphere is one of a growing sense of despair among the people I know.

No comments: