ALTANTUYA MURDER TRIAL: I came here seeking justice, says Shaariibuu.


SHAH ALAM: Abdul Razak Baginda's acquittal was a bitter pill to swallow for Dr Shaariibuu Setev, who expressed his disappointment, frustration and anger.

Initially refusing to comment on the court's decision, Shaariibuu later said at a hotel here yesterday afternoon: "I expected this.

"The judge decided, based on the evidence adduced in court.

"My daughter was murdered for a reason. I feel, however, we will now never know the real reason."

He was puzzled why the only person (Razak) among the three accused who knew his daughter was acquitted.

"Many questions will remain unanswered."

The 58-year-old, who has another 28-year-old daughter, said he felt useless for not being able to protect his daughter.

"I came here seeking justice. Now I have to explain to my family and friends what had happened."

He said in the last two years, he had been taking care of Altantuya's two sons, aged 12 and 4. The 4-year-old suffers from peripheral nerve paralysis and cannot walk.

"After her death, I had to focus on her two boys. Until today, they don't know what had happened to their mother.

"I always tell them that their mother is abroad. I would buy souvenirs for them, and give them the gifts, saying they are from her. How do you tell them?"

Shaariibuu then became philosophical.

"The journey in a man's life is a long road. We never know if our paths will meet again. I, however, believe Razak's path and mine will cross again.

"When it does, I hope it is in better circumstances."

Shaariibuu, a director of the National University of Mongolia's Information and Education Department, arrived in the country on Wednesday. He will return home tomorrow.

He attended yesterday's court proceedings with honorary consul-general of Mongolia in Malaysia, Datuk Syed Abdul Rahman Alhabshi, and the second secretary of the Mongolian embassy in Thailand, Siizkhuu Sainbileg.

NST Online
02/10/08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wonder did the malaysian court did justice in this instance and indeed did the prosecutors discharged their duties truthfully in finding the truth and justice professionally.
We are all human and hope they can search their own souls for the answer.