Selangor Sultan stirs "Allah" controversy

Articles gleaned in the news today over Selangor Sultan's statement banning BM speaking Christians from calling God, "Allah".

If I call my father, "Pa" and you call your father, "Pa", who are you to tell me I can't call my father "Pa" but "Dad"?

This is the Selangor state anthem that all school children sing in school every week at recess time.    

Duli Yang Maha Mulia
Selamat di atas takhta
Allah lanjutkan usia Tuanku
Rakyat mohon restu bawah Duli Tuanku
Bahagia selama-lamanya
Aman dan sentosa
Duli Yang Maha Mulia

So suddenly, today, all of us are condemned for having sung this song of blessing for the Sultan all these years because we used the word "Allah"? 

2 comments:

vugurs said...

I Like Your Blo....

Anonymous said...

Malaysia should be a Republic now....what's the function of all these sucks Sultans !!