Why Malaysians are racists?

I am a racist? Well, maybe I am. Could you blame me?

I was brought up in an education system that differentiated me based on skin color, religion and race. Every time you fill up a form in Malaysia, for a college education or for employment, you have to write down your race. Your skills and qualifications comes second to your race in most selection process.
So if I am a racist, so are you. And everyone else who are adhering to the Malaysian style of governance. Heck, even our very government is based on political foundation with coalitions of race-based parties. Not to mention the fundamentals of our Malaysian constitution!

These are a few of my principles. I am against institutionalized racism. I am against racial prejudice. I support societies and parties that try to fight against discriminations, whether they are based on race, gender, or sexual orientation. Supporting such causes does not make me a racist, or sexist; it just means I am against discrimination.

For me, equal rights and human rights are of utmost important, for a civilized society. You may have survived the discriminative policies of this country. So have I. Bravo. But for every success story, there are hundreds of failure stories - people who lost the battle going against discriminative policies.
Every time you read about a dead body, or family member getting snatched by religious authorities, or statistics on the percentage of Indians or Chinese or XYZ refused University seats due to 65% quota for bumiputra, you should hurt - for the country, for your community and for the sake of humanity. I am not asking for special preferences for Indians alone.
I am demanding for special preferences for those who are truly in need.
05/07/09

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If PM is serious and sincere about promoting 1Malaysia in the world arena,end this ugly 65% for one specific race!Let us all compete equally and stand unite to upright what was left behind.....

Anonymous said...

wahhh. what a nice keling paria, want to request this and that in this country. come on, paria, you still don't realize who you are, who is your great grandmom?

please laaaaa.... if you're born in your grandmom's homeland, you even cannot using keyboard to type this bullshit's sad story.

don't like what happened in this country? you may leave, and go back to your grandmom's land

idiot. stupid KELING PARIA